Of trails and waterfalls.


So it's July once again, though I'm more of a Winter kind of person Summers in Utah are something worth talking about. It is my second summer here. My sister and I decided to "conquer" some hikes this past few weeks. I thought I should write about it because sometimes the only solution to life's problems, or to a mild case of summertime boredom is a escape into nature ;) So here goes nothing...

Battle Creek Falls:

It's super easy except for the last 5 minutes, at which point I always regret the hike until we reach the waterfall and I remember why I came in the first place :)
Also on the way down you get one of the prettiest views of Utah Lake in the background.


Grotto Trail: 

It's more like a nature walk. The highlight is all the little wood bridges made out of tree logs you have to walk on. It makes you feel like a book should be written about your adventure there. Oh and of course this trail also ends on a waterfall. Because we went in the middle of July the water was low on the little river that goes along the path so it may be worth it to try it out earlier in the spring time.



A must do after this hike is to get on the highway and head South for a few minutes until you get to the Red Barn. What a place.We got some homemade ice cream there, it was life changing haha and then we also got some apricot and blackberry jam, just because :)



Cascade Springs, Alpine loop:

This canyon is something out of a book (yet again). It definitely made it to the top three most beautiful places I've ever been to (Alaska is the first in case you are wondering, but that's a story for another day). As you drive up and up and turn and turn you get slightly hypnotized by the thick green forest all around you.We drove all the way up to the summit then headed down to Cascade Springs.

Magical is the only word I would dare use to try and define that place. A couple of minutes into the trail and you are face to face with a cascade of cute little springs (suddenly the name makes sense) look up and you see a countless amount of butterflies, so you keep walking and you go up cobblestone stairs until you reach an open field where deer are just hanging out in the background. At the point you'd agree with me, "magical is an alright way to describe that place" ;)


Good night and good luck.

Comments

Popular Posts