Life starts over in July.


I'm back.

It's only been almost two years, but like they say "it's never too late..."
For the past week or so I've been thinking a lot about this blog. It's been calling me.
A few days ago I decided to edit the background and some other things on the blog, I was really close to writing a new post but it just wasn't quite right yet, then today I just had to say "Alright, it's time." 

I few things happened since the last time I wrote. 
I got engaged, then married on July 25th 2014. It was the wedding of my dreams; I was a lucky bride. I got a great husband, and I got the place, the cake, and the dress exactly the way I wanted it. So yes, that day has made it to the list of my favorite days so far in my life.

A few months after that I started my last semester in college. It was bitter sweet, I was ready to pack and leave, and my brain was just ready to quit for a bit, but at the same time I was holding on tight to those last few moments at school, because I knew that was it, there would be no coming back the next semester, especially because we were moving away from Idaho once I was done. 
So on April 10th 2015 I graduated with my bachelors in Psychology and said my last goodbyes to Brigham Young University-Idaho with diploma "in hand" and to Rexburg where I had been living since 2009. I think I'll never forget that cold morning when we fitted all our stuff into a U-Haul and drove off while I took a last long look at the temple on the hill. 

On the early morning hours of May 3rd 2015, a Sunday, we made it to Texas. Life in Texas is going good so far. We are not here to stay though, we will be packing again soon, at the end of next month, to go to Utah, so Austin [ the husband :) ] can go back to school.

Oh and of course, I can't forget to write this here: I finished reading all the Harry Potter books about two weeks ago, for the first time ever. Yes, it is life changing, it's hard to explain how, but if you read it you will understand what I'm saying. I'm proud of myself, and yes I now can feel like a real fan. 
Well, quite a bit has happened in the past two years, but overall life has been chill and it's been treating me good.



Today I just wanted to give a summary of my time away. It felt like the right thing to do.

I want to post a bit more about food, and some of my favorite recipes. No, this won't become a food blog, but one might start seeing a few more recipes here. 
It's just something I've been enjoying lately. Cooking is rather therapeutic, specially with some good music on the background, you can get carried away. It's like magic for us, muggles :)

I have some other ideas of things that I want to write about in here, so I'll be coming back soon, and definitely more often. 

Before I go, I need to explain the picture. It is of a tree that is by my apartment. I just absolutely adore it. Today, on my way home, I walked by it and the smell of rain (that sadlly you can't smell in the picture haha) plus the bright green grass by the tree was just too much for me to resist, so I took a picture.

Well, good day, and good luck!

Comments

Popular Posts