New York in 3 days.

A few months ago I was in college finishing my last semester before graduation.
That semester, during my first week of classes, I heard about a psychology convention that was going to happen in New York, it was the APS Annual Convention, so I took took some courage and applied (the school chooses 2 students to send every year to present their research there). I was hoping for the best and expecting the worst, then to my surprise I was one of the chosen students.

The trip was in the end of May and it lasted three days. We got there on a Thursday and left Sunday [Yes, Austin came with me :) ]. Since the Convention was only for a couple hours each day I had some free time to explore the city. So here is what our "New York in 3 days" plan looked like.

Also, honestly, I did go a bit touristy this time but I think it was justified because we really wanted to go to those places. I'm not big on being touristy but sometimes you just got to join the masses.


DAY 1

Airport - Arrival 12:14 PM
(cab)
Hotel - Check in 2 PM
(walk )
Eat at "The Smith" 
(walk)
Visit the Manhattan LDS Temple 
(cab)
APS Opening 9 PM - At Marriott Marquis
Get New York style cheesecake at "Junior's"
(cab)
Hotel - Sleeeeep :)

DAY 2

APS Convention - In the morning
(cab)
Hotel - Change to comfortable shoes ;)
(walk)
St. Patrick's Cathedral
Top of the Rock - At the Rockefeller Center 2 PM
(Subway)
Museum of Natural History
Walk on Central Park
(walk)
Hotel - Get ready
(Cab)
Broadway Play "The Phantom of the Opera" - 8 PM
Get chocolate at "Hershey's World"
Dinner at Steak & Shake
(walk)
Hotel - Sleeeeep :)

DAY 3

Hotel - Wake up ! :D
(Subway)
Walk around China Town and Little Italy
Lunch at "Emporio"
(Bus)
Battery Park 
(Ferry)
Liberty Island and Ellis Island -2 PM
(Ferry/ Subway/ Cab ....yes we got lost on the subway and just had to give up and get a cab haha)
Dinner at "Lucky's Famous Burgers"
(Walk)
Hotel -Relax and pack up
Walk on Broadway
Midnight Snack at "Bubba Gump Shrimp Co."
(walk)
Hotel - Sleeeeep :)

DAY 4

Hotel - Check out 11 AM
(cab)
Airport - Fly home 1 PM  :(


The highlights of the trip were: The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, yes it is all that and more. I absolutely loved it. If I could only recommend one thing that would be it. One must watch a Broadway play while in New York City, and whenever possible one must watch "The Phantom of the Opera." OK I'm done, haha. The highlight for the food was the blueberry cheesecake at Junior's and the blue cheeseburger at Lucky's. Another highlight was the Top of the Rock. It is a second option for the Empire State Building, and honestly now it has become my first option. It is the perfect place to get a good view of the New York's concrete jungle. So yes, it was worth it.

The last highlight was: The Subway! Yes I just loved taking the subway there, it is super confusing, but when you get it right you feel accomplished, you get to see all types of people and you get to feel like you are a part of the city, so yes I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I need to end with a moment of truth. The Museum of Natural History was a "do not", well it sounded fun but honestly we got bored quick (some may disagree and I respect that haha) but for us it just didn't meet our needs for that day haha. Maybe some other time :)


 



So that was our little 3 day Itinerary. I found it helpful to plan how we were gonna get to places. I even wrote which bus and which subway we had to take, or which street we had to walk on to get to where we were going next...okay it might seem a little too much planning haha, but I promise it was actually very helpful. It saved us time to have that written down already and after all we only got lost on the subway once ;)

Well, good night and good luck!


Comments

Popular Posts